As the situation rapidly changes for dentists due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Operation Dental is here to support the dental community in these challenging times. Together we can defeat this pandemic and return to prosperous times.
We have assembled resources and guidance to navigate this crisis for your practice, staff, patients, and well-being. If you have any questions or would like to talk, please call us at (407) 487-4757.
We will continue to update this page as updates are available.
DISCLAIMER: This website intends to be informational and does not take the place of professional advice. We believe that the sources we have included in this content to be accurate and reliable, but cannot be guaranteed with the ever-evolving situation. Please seek professional advice before acting on any of the mentioned subjects.
Global, Federal, And Local Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
- ADA Coronavirus Center for Dentists
- Find Your State's Dental Association
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Website
- World Health Organization (WHO) Coronavirus (COVID-19) Website
- U.S. Goverment Coronavirus Website
Clinical and Infection Prevention Resourcess
- 30 Days to Slow the Spread
- CDC Infection Prevention and Control Guidance for Dental Practices
- ADA COVID-19 Safety and Clinical Resources
- ADA: What Constitutes a Dental Emergency?
- OSHA's Guidelines for Helathcare Workers and Employers
- Interim Guidance On How To Minimize Risk Of Transmission
Billing and Workplace Resources
- ADA COVID-19 Coding and Billing Interim Guide
- U.S. Department of Labor COVID-19 and the American Workplace
Financial Information and Guidance
Please consult with your accountant and legal counsel before making any financial decisions about your practice.
- Small Business Administration Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- The Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act
- Find your local Small Business Adminstration (SBA) District Office
- ADA Legistative Action - Sign to Urge Congress to Include Dentistry in Relief Packages
- Tax Foundation's FAQ on Federal Coronavirus Relief Law (CARES Act)
- ADA News: CARES Act becomes law
- SBA COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan Application
- U.S. Chamber Of Commerce Coronavirus Emergency Loans for Small Business Guide and Checklist
- ADA Financial Assistance For Dental Practices From Third Party Payers
- Crisis Cash Flow Planning Excel file (Blank Template)
Well-Being and Managing Stress During this Crisis
We realize that the COVID-19 pandemic is stressful for everyone, especially dentists. While it is vital to support the dental community in this crisis, we also need to remember to take care of our well-being and mental health.
The following resources can help you as a dentist, and a person, cope with the stress of this outbreak. There is no shame in admitting you need support in these times.
- ADA COVID-19 Dentist Well-Being Mental Health Resources
- CDC Guide to Coping with Stress and Anxiety during the COVID-19 Outbreak
- World Health Organization's (WHO) Mental health and psychosocial considerations during the COVID-19 outbreak
- McLean Hospital's (Harvard Medical School Affiliate) COVID-19 Coping Tips for Health Care Workers Webinar
- McLean Hospital's (Harvard Medical School Affiliate) Meaning and Purpose – A COVID-19 Mental Health Survival Guide Webinar
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Crisis Text Line
Text TALK to 741741
- SAMHSA’s Disaster Distress Helpline
Text TalkWithUs to 66746
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
Text NAMI to 741741