As younger, digital generations begin to take up larger portions of the patient population, your practice’s online presence matters now more than ever. Video marketing, in particular, is a valuable yet underused strategy in the healthcare industry, despite studies showing that video posts on social media get 48% more views than still images. Read below for a few tips on targeting prospective dental patients with engaging video content.
- Take advantage of video testimonials We all know that a great testimonial or review can boost your credibility and strengthen your reputation. Testimonials are among the most powerful ways to earn trust and attract new patients. If you’re looking to take them up a notch, ask some of your happiest patients to share their positive experiences through video! A video showcases the patient’s real emotions and demeanor on camera, which can be far more impactful, authentic, and relatable than a standard written review.
- Showcase staff personalities Video formatting allows patients to get an idea of your office’s unique team dynamic and staff personalities. Most dentists will say forming patient relationships is a key component of their care philosophy. The benefit of videos is that they can allow the patient to begin forming a positive impression and relationship with you before you even meet. Don’t be afraid to use a little humor, too! If you show the “real” you, patients have the opportunity to connect with you on a personal level.
- Ease dental anxiety Whether it’s a demonstration of a dental procedure, an educational video on oral health, or a “get to know the dentist” feature, all of these types of videos can help patients feel better acquainted with your practice and lessen their dental anxiety. The more informed a patient is, the less likely they are to be afraid in your chair.
- Show behind-the-scenes moments Video depictions of what goes on in the lab, in the chair, behind the front desk, and around the office are both educational and entertaining for your patients. Let them see what a day in the life is like for a hygienist or dentist!
- Prioritize patient education
Focusing on patient education can help increase patient retention and case acceptance. Why not provide oral health tips in short video clips for your social platforms? Walking patients through procedures via video can also soothe their fears prior to their appointments and help them feel mentally prepared for their next visit.
If you’re looking to improve your reputation and grow your practice through targeted marketing campaigns tailored to your practice, contact us today at www.operationdental.com/contact.